The "Click on Portal" earning event allows you to incentivize and reward specific actions by your members, deriving from clicking on buttons on the portal. For example, this can cover clicking on your brand's blog, links to articles, a download button of your mobile app or buttons to your Facebook and Instagram pages. Here's how it works:
Flagging a button as an earning:
- In the editor, when creating a widget button, you have the option to flag it as an earning source. This is done by toggling the dedicated option "Should trigger an event".
- Once activated, you must provide an ID for the earning button. This name is mandatory.
- In the earning rules section, you will find a new event called "Click on the portal" under the source "Loyalty."
- For this event, the event criterion is labeled "button," and it requires simply the name of the button you have provided in the editor.
- Limitations options per member profile in the earning rule allow you to avoid rage clicking.
Note: If you haven't flagged any button as an earning source, this event will be displayed in the earning rule list but will be disabled and cannot be selected.
That's it, members can now earn points when they click on your button.