It is possible in Qualifio to limit the number of participations to a campaign. (The total number of participations, the number of participations per week, per hour, etc.)
In order to do that, go to the Settings step of your campaign creation, under Limit the number of participations.
There are different options you can use:
For each participant (individual limitations)
- Unlimited participations: No limitation
- One participation only: Each participant can play once (based on Last Name, First Name, Email address, and a cookie)
- Limit the number of participations based on IP address: Each participant can play once (based on IP address)*
- No participation during the next minutes/hours/days: No participation allowed for the participant during X minutes/hours/days (based on Last Name, First Name, Email address, and a cookie). E.g. a Sudden Death quiz in which participants must wait a whole day (so 24 hrs) to play again.
- No participation until next hour/day/Monday: No participation allowed for the participant until the next hour, the day after, or the Monday after (based on Last Name, First Name, Email address, and a cookie). E.g. a quiz with only one participation every Monday.
* An IP address can be shared between several participants (e.g. all employees in one office location)
Limitation of the total number of players or games (collective limitations)
- Limit number of participants to: Limit the total of unique participants to X. E.g. the first 100 unique participants win a prize.
- Limit number of games to: Limit the total number of games to X. (So a participant can still play multiple times.) E.g. The first 100 games win a prize, independently from the number of unique participants.
What happens if you configure a limitation while your campaign already running?
- Individual limitations will be taken into account for the upcoming participants. For instance, if your campaign has been running for a couple of days already and you've had some participants, obviously the limitation isn't going to apply retroactively (we cannot remove the participations of a user who participate 5 times if suddenly a new limitation of one participation a day is applied). However, new participants will have the limitation applied to them immediately.
- Collective limitations will be taken into account retroactively. For instance, if you already have 50 participants and you want to add a collective limitation of 100 participants in total, you will be able to get 50 more before the limitation applies.