What is a soft gate?
A soft gate is a customizable box displayed on top of the first screen of your campaign. It invites participants to like a specific Facebook page or Twitter account before entering a campaign.
It can be activated in the tab "1. <Publication Channel” simply check ''activate a soft gate.
The soft gate can be used in any contest on any publication channel and works on mobile devices. However - in order inter alia to respect Facebook rules - you can’t force participants to like your Facebook page or Twitter account.
For example, you can invite participants to like your Facebook page or Twitter account from a contest on your website. But participants can skip this step and access your campaign without clicking on the "like" of "follow" button.
Warning: Your Soft Gate won't work if you have age and geo-restrictions on your Facebook page. More info: http://blog.qualifio.com/fr/facebook-plugin-page-attention-aux-changements/
How to set up your soft gate?
Go to the step "publication channel" of your campaign click on ''activate a soft gate''.
- Set your soft gate: Activate Twitter And/or Facebook
For Facebook: The URL of your page.
For twitter: the name of the account (without « @ »)
- Type title for the soft gate pop-up. Type a description for this pop-up.
- Insert a description for this pop-up
- Enter a label for the closing button. This button allows participants to access your campaign without liking your page. An ”exit" button is also available in the top right hand.
- Choose a background image. This is optional: if you do not enter a background image, the welcome screen will appear blurred in the background.