Creating Facebook Apps helps ensure that you can successfully use specific features from the social network in your Qualifio interactive campaigns, such as the Facebook Login module or Facebook sharing buttons. In this article, you will learn how to create a Facebook App.
Part 1: Create the Facebook App
Follow these steps to create a Facebook App:
- Log in to your Facebook account and then visit the URL https://developers.facebook.com/.
- Select My Apps in the top right in order to start the process.
Note: If this is the first time you're creating a Facebook App, you will have to register as a Facebook Developer by clicking on the Get Started link.
- After clicking the Create App option, a pop-up will appear requiring you to select the purpose of your App. Select Build Connected Experiences, then click on Continue.
- Enter an App Display Name for your App (what you want your App to be called, which you can always change later).
- Click Create App.
- Check the box I'm not a robot to pass the security check and click on Submit.
- The new App will be created and you will be redirected to the Facebook App Dashboard. In the left vertical menu, click on Settings and choose Basic.
- Some of the fields are generated automatically. All you need to do is fill in the remaining information as needed:
- App Domains, in which it is very important that you enter the domain of your Qualifio subdomain (you can find it in Settings > Websites).
- App Icon: upload an image for your App.
- Select a Category such as Business and Pages for your App.
- In Data Protection Officer Contact Information, please provide the contact details of the person responsible for processing personal data (DPO) in your company.
- Leave the other fields blank and your app will be fine.
- Once you've filled all the necessary fields, click + Add Platform to move to the next step.
- Choose Website from the list.
- Put your Qualifio subdomain in the Site URL field and click on Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
- The App will be in development mode (default option). Once you have it ready, you can toggle the button to switch your App to Live mode.
- You just created your App! Go to Settings > Basic. Here, you can retrieve the App ID and App Secret (a secret code connected with your app). You will need them to configure your App inside Qualifio.
Note: If you need to get extra information on participants (like their birthday or their location) from their Facebook profile, you will need to start an App Review, which requires extra steps and a more complicated process to get the approval from the social network.
Part 2: Set up the Facebook App in Qualifio
All right! Now is the time for the final step.
Note: First of all, make sure you are an administrator of the Qualifio account.
- To get started, open the Settings from the main navigation bar and click on Facebook Apps. Click + Add new. Copy the Facebook App ID and App Secret from Facebook and enter them in Qualifio:
- After providing these details, click on the + Add button.
- Now go again to the Settings and click on Websites.
- Select your website > Basic information > Facebook.
- After selecting your Facebook App correctly from the drop-down list, click on Save and you're all set!
We hope this article made the process of creating a Facebook App pretty clear. Feel free to contact us for any Facebook App configuration issue. Otherwise, the below video will help you create a Facebook App:
Important: Because creating a Facebook App requires using Facebook, a third-party site, and the steps and information required to create this app may change without notice, Qualifio cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information. For the most up-to-date information, you should consult Facebook help.