The GDPR requires data portability: data subjects have the right to require that you provide them with details on personal data that is being processed about them. This means that you should be able to provide all the personal data that you have about a data subject and deliver it to them. But keeping track of subject access requests can be complex and time-consuming. This is why the GDPR Toolbox helps you quickly and easily handle such requests.
You can access a participant's personal data right from the GDPR Toolbox. Use the Personal data export section to find and export personal data.
We'll provide the personal data in the form of a JSON file that includes all personal data from campaigns and from the CRM.
The process of personal data export
- Use the search to find the subject whose data you want to export.
- Select the profile(s) to include in your export by checking the box beside it.
- Select Export.
Depending on your account settings, it's possible that the data export must be approved by a DPO. In this case, you'll have to specify why you want to export personal data and which matter is concerned.
- Request your export by clicking Submit.
- Users with DPO permission are notified via email and their approval is requested.
- Once approved, you can process with your export. We'll create a .zip file of all the requested data, which you'll be able to download from the Export and erasure requests page by clicking the blue download icon.
More information on the GDPR Toolbox
You will find more detailed information about the GDPR Toolbox features in these support articles:
- GDPR Toolbox
- How do I delete personal data if a person asks?
- Handling participant data export and erasure requests
- GDPR logs
- Overview of questions and form fields
- GDPR Toolbox and Data Protection Officers
Alternatively, you can also contact our experts personally.
How can we help?
Don’t forget you can ask us a question if there’s something that isn’t covered here. Please click here to get in touch.