Rearrange rules to reflect your needs or reorder them by priority.
Do you want to change the order of your rules in Qualifio Loyalty? It is possible to rearrange the rules in a program by manually picking up and reordering the rules.
By default, Qualifio displays your rules in reverse chronological order, with the newer rules firsts. But sometimes you may need to move specific rules up or down.
To use drag and drop, tap and hold on the drag handle that appears on the far left of the rule.
Then, rearrange the rules as you see fit and save your changes.
Why reorder rules in Qualifio Loyalty?
As your loyalty program grows, you may want to explore different ways to reward interactions across your channels.
For example, you might like to choose the exact order in which your burning rules appear. In that case, you can just go to your program > Burning rules and simply drag and drop to reorder them.
There is one piece of information you should remember about earning rules: reordering helps you to define the priority of the earning rule.
In other words, reordering your earning rules will alter the order your triggers are fired in. Remember that all of your triggers are run each time a member interacts with your brand. If the interaction meets the criteria, the member gets rewarded with loyalty points.
Now, if an action or event is used as a trigger in multiple earning rules, then reordering plays a vital role in deciding priority while triggering those rules.
Stop triggering other rules
When active, this option ensures that a member's action will not go through the whole list of rules below if a rule is already matched.
Let’s take a concrete example. You want to reward a member depending on how much they spent on their purchase:
- if they bought for 20 euros or more, they earn 20 points;
- if they bought for 50 euros or more, they earn 50 points;
- if they bought for 100 euros or more, they earn 100 points.
To achieve this, you would create three rules:
Once Qualifio receives the event, each trigger is run in the rules display order – from top to bottom. Each time the member meets the criteria, they receive the assigned points value.
Now, let’s say one of your program members recently spent 125 euros.
- The first trigger is run: the criteria are met (> 100 euros) and the member earns 100 points;
- The second trigger is run: the criteria are met (> 50 euros) and the member earns 50 more points;
- The third trigger is run: the criteria are met (> 20 euros) and the member earns 20 extra points.
This member who spent 125 euros ends up earning 170 points instead of the 100 points you want them to earn.
That’s where the option “Stop triggering other rules” comes in handy! If enabled for each of these rules, the triggers would still be run from top to bottom – but will stop as soon as the member meets the criteria of one rule.
Coming back to our above example. If you activate the option “Stop triggering other rules” on all three rules, for a member who spends 75 euros:
- The first trigger is run: the criteria aren’t met (> 100 euros), therefore the member doesn’t earn any points;
- The second trigger is run: the criteria are met (> 50 euros), therefore the member earns 50 points;
- The third trigger is run: the criteria are met (> 20 euros), but the member doesn’t earn any points because we stopped the process at an earlier step.
A member who spent 75 euros ends up earning 50 points, as intended.
We hope this article helped you learn how to easily reorder rules in Qualifio Loyalty!