Set up the loyalty currencies for your loyalty program so that members earn points (or “currency units”) when they perform certain activities in the program. This guide walks you through defining your loyalty currency.
You should set up a loyalty currency before you begin setting up your program rules.
What's the point?
Have you ever wondered why points are used in a loyalty program? The answer is that:
- points refer to the currency units that the members earn for redemption,
- and points are also used for a member’s level evaluation.
Create a loyalty program currency
To create a currency associated with your program:
- Select your loyalty program.
- From the Settings tab, click Currencies.
- Enter a name for the currency which will later be used throughout the program.
- Customise your loyalty currency image. The JPG and PNG file types are compatible.
- For Expiry, the Qualifio Loyalty app offers three types of currencies that you can incorporate into your program structure:
- If you want the points not to expire, select Doesn’t expire.
- If you want the points to expire after a specific interval, select Expires after a limited time, and then enter a value and select an expiry interval unit. The points will expire the specified number of days, weeks, months or years after they’ve been issued. For example, if a member earns 100 points on April 15, 2022, and the currency expiry is set as one year, then those 100 points will expire on April 15, 2023. A value of “0” means the loyalty points will never expire.
- If you want the points to expire on a specific date, select Expires on a specific date, and then select a date for the expiry. For example, if a member earns 100 points on April 15, 2022, and the currency expiry date is set as January 1, 2023, then those 100 points will expire on January 1, 2023.
- Save your changes.
Your members will gather currency units based on their interactions with your brand. A value can be assigned to any activity in order to reward specific behaviours. For details on rewardable actions, learn more about earning rules.
For example, let’s say you want to set up how many points your member will receive after placing an order.
- You could award points for every €1 that they spend with you:
- You would also be able to give your members 10 points per €1:
- We also support awarding 1 point per €10 (by actually awarding 0.1 points per €1):
And you can customise the points value for each earning rule!
Multi-currency programs: member view
To display the currency information to your members, the dedicated widget must be added to the portal of your loyalty program.
The Currency widget allows for the currency information to display in accordance with the currency chosen within the widget options:
To see a full list of widgets and how to use them within the editor, click here.
If a purchase or redemption occurred in the currency “Cool Points”, it will also be displayed in “Cool Points” in the transaction history, no matter which currency is set within the Currency widget options.