Before publishing your loyalty program to a custom domain, you must verify that your organisation owns this domain. This article shows you how to verify your domain with Qualifio Loyalty using a TXT record. Please read carefully!
Why do I need to do this?
We don’t want someone else to use your domain in Qualifio. You can help keep your domain safe by showing us that you are the owner.
Important: The verification record does not affect your website.
How this works
When adding a new domain for your loyalty program, Qualifio gives you a TXT verification code to add to your domain host’s Domain Name System (DNS) records.
- You’ll copy a verification code from the Qualifio Loyalty Domains setup page.
- You’ll sign in to your domain registrar and paste the verification code into the DNS records for your domain. Note: Your domain registrar is typically where you buy your domain or host your website.
- Once your domain registrar publishes your verification code, we’ll know you are the owner of your domain.
Before you begin
To use a new domain, you first have to add a CNAME record pointing to Qualifio.
- Add a CNAME record at your provider
- Set your domain to point to player.loyalty.qualifioapp.com
If you are unsure how to do this, we recommend contacting your domain registrar for assistance.
Add a TXT record
Make sure you’re logging in with an admin account. The Domains setup page is for Qualifio Loyalty administrators only.
- Log in to your Qualifio Loyalty account.
- Click Account settings > Domains.
- If you have not already done so, to obtain your domain verification code, you need to add a domain and associate a program with it.
- Click Save.
- Copy your verification code from the Status column.
- Go to your domain's DNS records and add the verification code.
Important: The precise steps you need to perform to add a DNS TXT entry to your DNS record may vary by domain host. If you need additional help with these settings, please contact your registrar or web administrator.
- Return to Qualifio, on the page where you copied your verification code, click the orange button Verify to tell Qualifio to verify your domain.
I get an error when I click the orange button
It might take additional time for your registrar to publish the verification code. If Qualifio gives you an error message, wait an hour before you try again.