What does the Permutive DMP integration do?
This integration adds to your Qualifio campaigns, a script to communicate with the Permutive instance loaded in your website.
Once enabled, the script will start sending for every Permutive key mapped in Qualifio, an event of type QualifioSurveyResponse.
Visit Settings → Integrations & Partners, and make sure Permutive DMP is enabled.
Configure data mapping
Qualifio fields need to be mapped to Permutive keys in order to have them available for your DMP.
To define a data mapping for a campaign, in your Qualifio account select the Permutive logo next to your campaign title:
The data mapping is an essential piece of your DMP integration. It is necessary so that we can send your data to Permutive.
In order to create a data mapping for your campaign, you will be presented with a field for each
- form field
- qualification question
- campaign theme
- profile, in case you have a personality test campaign.
You must provide a key for each field you want to collect in Permutive, and specify the different rules to send the values to the DMP.
The following is an example of a data mapping screen:
For each question and form field, you can define
- Keys give information about the desired destination of the data. They must match a parameter that is supported by Permutive.
- Rules state how we should treat the data related to a specific question or form field.
- Values determine what data needs to be sent to your DMP.
- Key was specified (e.g. celeb-netflix).
- Rule was selected – we will send the label of the answer chosen by the participant (e.g. Robert Pattinson).
- No values are required, since we already know what data will be sent to the DMP.
- Key was specified (e.g. diameter-earth).
- Rule was selected – we will send a specific value to the DMP (e.g. "11" if the participant selected "11,000 km" as an answer).
- Values to be sent were entered – for each answer to this question, we needed to know what specific value we have to return.
If an answer doesn't have a value, the mapping is not applied. No data will be sent for this specific answer.
- Key was specified (e.g. math-apples).
- In this case, as we're dealing with an open-ended question, we can either return the answer that was entered by the participant.
- A key was specified for each form field. For example, here we mapped the field Zip code to a key named zip. In some cases, the field names might be the same in both systems, but it is not always so.
- The selected rule is "Return answer filled" – we will send the participant's full entry to each of these fields to your DMP.
While the examples above should cover most of your mapping needs, you can optionally choose for us to return a custom (static) value that you specify:
This is convenient for static values that don't change from one participation to another: when this rule is applied, we send the same unique value for all participations – whatever the participant's answer is.
Only one rule can be applied to opt-ins: we will return a unique value, which will only be sent in case the participant agrees to your opt-in. In the example above, we will send "yes" if the participant subscribed to your newsletter. In case they do not, we will not send anything.
Only when you save your mapping will the Permutive DMP integration be active for this campaign.
Limitations of the Beta version
- Matrix questions and upload fields are not supported at this time.
- There is no template management: the data mapping is to be done for each campaign for which you want to enable the integration.
- It is not possible to use different data mappings for the same campaign. If your campaign is to be published on 2 channels and you want a different mapping for each channel, you can however duplicate your campaign to have one channel per campaign. You can then make 2 different mappings.
- Campaign Themes are not automatically transferred: the value sent to the DMP is not inherited from the configuration made in Qualifio.