In this article, we’ll show you how to assign a category to an opt-in and change it from “uncategorised” to something else 🙂
What is an uncategorised opt-in?
An uncategorised opt-in is an opt-in that does not yet have a category assigned for reporting.
Why you'd want to change your opt-in's category
Whenever you created an opt-in, if you forgot to assign a category to it, then when this opt-in is being used in your campaigns, Qualifio will automatically show it as “uncategorised” in your reports.
Why does this matter? Organising your opt-ins into categories and subcategories allows you to view your data in totally new ways. Basically, if you frequently forgot to set your opt-in categories, it can easily lead to majorly disorganised reports and meaningless data.
Fortunately, manually selecting your desired category for an existing opt-in is only a small extra step. Indeed, changing from “uncategorised” to anything else is pretty simple! Follow the steps below ⬇️
2 ways to categorise an uncategorised opt-in in Qualifio
Required user permissions: “Admin” or “Marketer”.
You can manually categorise the uncategorised opt-ins. There are two ways to do this:
The first process is as follows:
- Go to Content > Opt-ins > Opt-ins.
- Select the opt-in you want to categorise.
- Click Edit.
- To apply a category, click on the drop-down menu next to Categories and select the subcategory you would like to use.
Don't forget to click on the save button!
Now let’s go to the second way you can get rid of the “uncategorised” opt-ins.
- Navigate to Insights > Opt-in stats.
- Scroll down the page and locate the Uncategorised opt-ins section.
- Change the view to “Conversions by Opt-in ID”.
- Then, click a chart bar and then select Go to URL.
- After that, you will be redirected to a screen where you can choose a category for the selected opt-in.
Once a category has been assigned to the opt-in, then it will be reviewed again and Qualifio will use the category you selected for this opt-in.
Data is processed and the opt-ins dashboard is updated every 24 hours. After that, your opt-in will show up within the new category that you’ve assigned it to – instead of being part of the “uncategorised” opt-ins.
That’s all. We hope this guide helped you. It’s time to get rid of those “uncategorised” opt-ins!