Besides publishing your campaigns to youraccount.qualifioapp.com, you can also publish your campaigns to your own custom subdomain (e.g. interact.yourdomain.com) or your own custom domain.
Learn more about:
Before getting started
Before getting started with this tutorial, make sure you own the subdomain name you want to use in Qualifio.
You can create a new subdomain using a domain name you already own via your provider.
You can point your custom subdomain to Qualifio and publish your campaigns to it in three steps:
- Adding a CNAME record (at your provider)
- Adding the custom subdomain to Qualifio
- Creating a Facebook App
Step 1. Adding a CNAME record
To use a new subdomain, you have to add a CNAME record pointing to Qualifio.
- Add a CNAME record at your provider
- Set your subdomain to point to player.qualifioapp.com
If you are unsure how to do this, we recommend contacting your domain registrar for assistance.
Step 2. Adding the custom subdomain as a Qualifio website
If you want to add your custom subdomain to your Qualifio account, there are a few steps you need to follow:
First, you need to contact your Qualifio Expert or our Helpdesk to have your custom subdomain made available on your account's websites.
In Qualifio Engage, "websites" are managed under Publishing → Websites.
A Qualifio "website" such as interact.yourdomain.com means:
- Your minisite campaigns will have an URL that will start with interact.yourdomain.com.
- Your iframe campaigns will also have interact.yourdomain.com as their origin domain.
- Any tracking you set up in your campaigns will also refer to interact.yourdomain.com.
- You can limit a search to a specific website (e.g. to search campaigns).
- You can restrict users to certain websites (see below).
At the top of the list, you should see a Create a new website button, click it.
If you simply want to manage one of your subdomains, click the ⚙️ icon.
- Enter the website name you want in Name.
- Enter your company name.
- Select your country and time zone.
Find the subdomain you just created and select it from the drop-down next to Domain.
Step 3. Configure user access permissions
You can configure who gets access to the new website. Only account administrators can view and configure the access settings in the user management section. By default, no user has access to the new website – not even you! Once you add that website to your profile and that of other users, access is restricted to those users.
If you want to give yourself or specific users access to the new website, you must do the following:
- Go to Organisation > Users and find your or the user's name.
- In the Engage tab, navigate to Websites.
- Select the name of the website that you or the user should have access to.
- Select Save at the bottom of the page.
Step 4. Create your Facebook App
Each time you create a custom subdomain, you will need to create a Facebook App specifically for it. Read this guide for the detailed steps. This operation only takes a few minutes.
The final step is to simply publish your campaign to your newly created site. You should see it in the drop-down menu of your campaign's Channels step:
You can publish as many campaigns as you want on a specific subdomain.