Qualifio has a separate field for the country names. Participants can select their country using a drop-down menu. By default, the system uses two-letter country codes (ISO 2/alpha-2, e.g. BE for Belgium) as values. However, three-letter country codes (ISO 3/alpha-3, e.g. BEL for Belgium) can be used instead of the default option.
If you want to add such a field to your form so that these codes can be pushed to your systems and stored in your database, follow the steps below.
- Go to Documents > Forms > Create a new form or go to the edition of an existing form.
- Add a new drop-down list to your form.
- Set the name of your new field, e.g. 'Country'.
- Assign the variable you just created:
- Click Save, then go back to that form field you just saved.
- The possible answers must now be added. If you have a long list of countries, you may click Bulk import answers. Pay close attention to the instructions provided to make sure your import is successful.
- After you are done, save the form and click on the Preview option in the top right corner. It will open a new tab with your form's preview.
Understand the CSV template
Download our CSV template with the whole list of countries at the bottom of this page to successfully add ISO 3 country codes in bulk. Upload only the countries that should be available in the drop-down list. Your CSV template might look like this example:
Make sure a value is assigned to each answer.
This results in a new Country field with ISO 3-digit country codes assigned as values:
✉️ Still stuck? How can we help?