Facebook’s policy requires you to verify your domain inside the Business Manager? Learn how Qualifio can help you to verify your domain.
Watch this video to see how to verify your domain
What is domain verification?
Domain verification is the process of “proving” to Facebook that a website (more specifically, a domain) is yours.
With domain verification, a bit of code gets added to your Qualifio website, which Facebook will search for in order to verify it on their side.
So, how do you verify your domain? Let’s walk through the details…
How to set up domain verification
Facebook has a great tutorial that can help you get started, but you should use our “how-to” guide below for steps that are specific to Qualifio.
Step 1: Add your Qualifio domain to Facebook Business Manager
Adding your Qualifio domain to your Business Manager is a simple process you can do inside Facebook:
- Log in to your Business Manager.
- Go to Settings > Business Settings > Brand Safety > Domains.
- Click on the Add button and add the domain you want to verify in the pop-up.
Note: Typically, your Qualifio website URL has this format: “brandname.qualifioapp.com” – unless you publish your campaigns to your custom domain.
Step 2: Add the verification file to your Qualifio website
You will see three verification options – DNS verification, HTML file upload and Meta-tag verification. In Qualifio, we help you verify your domain by uploading an HTML file to your site.
- Click on HTML File Upload.
- Download the HTML verification file.
- Sign in to Qualifio.
- Go to your website’s settings (Settings > Websites), and open the Facebook tab.
- Simply copy the name of the verification file Facebook provided (without the .html extension) and paste it into the Domain verification field and save.
PS: If you need more specific help with how domain verification will work with Qualifio, you should contact our Helpdesk!
Step 3: Verify your domain
Once you’ve done this, you need to go back inside your Business Manager and
- confirm that it's done by visiting the link provided by Facebook (step 3),
- then click the green Verify button.
You should now see a confirmation that your domain is verified in Facebook Business Manager!
Step 4: Assign pages to your domain
Finally, once your domain is verified, you will have the ability to associate your Facebook page with your verified domain by clicking Add Assets:
Step 5: You're done!