In this guide, we’ll walk you through how you can easily create an upload campaign to run your own online photo or video contest with Qualifio.
- Access Qualifio and log in.
- Create a new campaign by clicking the orange button.
- You'll be presented with the campaign types available. Choose Photo contest or Video contest > Upload to create your campaign.
It doesn’t matter whether you want to provide a selection of photos for voting or first collect the photos of your participants. With a photo upload campaign, you can choose to bulk import your own images (with the old photo gallery) or collect submissions.
To add an upload question:
- Select File upload into your question from the Questions step.
- Enter your question text.
- Select the file types you want the question to accept and adjust the settings under Options.
- Click Save.
- The file upload question supports various file types, and different file formats can be viewed in the same gallery.
- If you allow participants to submit multiple images or videos, those will be merged into one item and only the first one will be displayed as a thumbnail in the gallery.
Keep things organised with gallery filters (using the old gallery)
If your contest has subcategories, include a drop-down or a checkbox field so participants can select the correct one. Sorting photos will be easier that way. Check the tutorial on how to create a gallery with category filters.
Participant registration form
To participate in the upload phase, participants must fill in a form. As usual, you get to decide which information they have to provide. To do this, go to the Form step and configure your registration form.
Upload moderation and limit
You can directly accept submissions into your contest, or the photos or videos that participants upload can be moderated as they arrive. In that case, only your approved photos and videos will be displayed in the gallery.
When you collect contest submissions with Qualifio you’ll also be able to choose how many times or how often you want to allow participants to submit entries. Check the tutorial where we explain how limits work.
After the upload question and the form have been created, you can activate and configure a gallery to display photos or videos from the Settings step. This is the best way to quickly build a valuable repository of user-generated content. Your participants will only be able to look at pictures or videos, but this doesn’t activate the vote function in your contest.
If you’re looking to build a gallery with a voting system, you will need to set up a voting campaign – something we discuss in this guide.